Criminal charges may result in severe legal consequences upon a conviction. If convicted, you will not only lose your freedom and certain alienable rights, but you will also damage your reputation with your family, friends, and community. That is why; Anthony Como is not an Attorney and Counselor at Law that encourages clients to accept plea bargain offers where it would not be in their best interest.
“As a former Prosecutor and now as a trial attorney, I have tried numerous criminal cases and I will not hesitate to take your case to trial if it is in your best interest because not every case can be settled.” Because Anthony Como knows that the reality is that sometimes a fair and just result is not offered, no matter who you hire. That is why you need to hire an attorney that has the trial skills and trial experience to protect you if negotiations fail.
Anthony Como uses his years of experience as a former Prosecutor and a former Elected Official to negotiate favorable plea bargains for his clients. He recognizes that sometimes the result a client wants may never be offered. That is why Anthony prides himself on building a successful trial strategy from the day of each client’s initial consultation. Mr. Como is known for putting his clients first by forging close relationships with them and realizing the long term ramifications of any resolution of the criminal charges.
“No one case is the same to any other, every criminal case is fact specific and every criminal complaint has a person behind it, no two are similar and therefore each and every case needs to be evaluated fully in order to best successfully defend our clients.” More important though, is the reputation I have with my clients.
When Anthony Como commits to a case, he, personally evaluates your case, listens to your concerns, answers all your questions, and builds an organized, aggressive, and gripping defense strategy to present before the judge and jury. This includes the client’s right to be well informed. There is no way to have a successful defense without the client knowing every aspect of their pending criminal matter.
“As a Counselor at Law I know there is a serious amount of anxiety that goes with every criminal matter that every client is facing and by explaining each and every step of the process and telling them what to expect and keeping them updated on any and all developments, the client’s nervousness is relieved and we are better able to successfully defend them.”
No one can ever predict or guarantee the outcome of any criminal case. But the Law Offices of Anthony Como will do two things.
- We will be honest and up-front about your case and let you know where you stand.
- Promise that we will do everything in our power to help you achieve a winning verdict.
If you are Arrested
- Do not resist arrest, even if you believe the arrest is unfair.
- Say you wish to remain silent and ask for a lawyer immediately. Don’t give any explanations or excuses. If you can’t pay for a lawyer, you have the right to a free one. Don’t say anything, sign anything or make any decisions without a lawyer.
- You have the right to make a local phone call. The police cannot listen if you call a lawyer.
- Prepare yourself and your family in case you are arrested. Memorize the phone numbers of your family and your lawyer. Make emergency plans if you have children or take medication.
- Special considerations for non-citizens:
– Ask your lawyer about the effect of a criminal conviction or plea on your immigration status.
– Don’t discuss your immigration status with anyone but your lawyer.
– While you are in jail, an immigration agent may visit you. Do not answer questions or sign anything before talking to a lawyer.
– Read all papers fully. If you do not understand or cannot read the papers, tell the officer you need an interpreter.
If you are injured
If you or a loved one was involved in any type of accident, injury or negligence and you believe that someone else is responsible for your injuries. You should be evaluated by a doctor immediately and contact a qualified accident attorney as soon as possible. Getting an attorney as soon as possible after the accident will increase your ability to recover the largest award possible.
Anthony Como Esq. aggressively represents all types of accident victims throughout New York State. Because our firm will fight for your legal rights and GIVE YOU OUR NO FEE PROMISE. Which means if we do not settle or win your case, you do not have to pay any expenses on your case out of your own pocket!
Contact us today, to have your case evaluated by an experienced Personal Injury Attorney immediately.
Whether your injury is large or small, you should contact our firm immediately to learn about your legal rights. What may seem like a small injury today, can become much more serious months or years from now.
Anthony Como, Esq. represents injured victims throughout New York State for physical injuries, emotional pain and financial damages, including:
- Medical Bills
- Pain & Suffering
- Physical Disability
- Permanent Scars
- Emotional Trauma
- Therapy Bills
- Mental Anguish
- Property Damage (e.g., rental car)
- Lost Wages, Including Overtime
Because Anthony Como knows that as you recover from your accident, it can be difficult to know who you can turn to with legal questions, insurance claim questions, and medical bill questions. It can be even more difficult to find justice and make sure that what happened to you doesn’t happen to someone else.
Anthony and his firm take your personal injury case personally. While your insurance company and employer may be busy looking after their own needs in the weeks and months after your accident, we are here to look after you. Serving the five boroughs of New York City, and New York State, our personal injury law firm sees you as more than a face in the crowd or as just another accident victim. We are dedicated to finding individual legal solutions for each of our clients – and to treating our clients as the individuals that they are. Because while we know that most injury cases are resolved out of court and most attorneys are quick to settle to make a fast dollar, we prepare every case as if it’s going to trial, ensuring that we will be ready to fight any insurance company or big corporation, and ensuring that you will never receive one penny less than your case is worth.
Since our base of knowledge about sub-areas of personal injury is extensive. Anthony Como Esq. represents clients who have a wide variety of personal injuries, from minor to catastrophic.
“No case is too large for us to handle, we are committed to providing accident injury victims with the aggressive advocacy and knowledgeable support they need to get results.”
Contact the Law Firm of Anthony Como, Esq. to discuss your case. We offer a free initial consultation so you can have your case assessed immediately. Get in touch with us 24 hours a day, seven days a week to be reassured that your case is in good hands.
For your convenience, we offer home and hospital visits. Anthony Como is an attorney and Counselor at Law that can provide you with the immediate attention you need to secure your rights and claims. Call today.
- Traffic accidents, including car accidents, taxi cab accidents, bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents.
- Construction site accidents, including fall accidents, scaffolding accidents, heavy machinery accidents, electrocution accidents, and burn accidents.
- Truck accidents, including big rig accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, dump truck accidents, and other commercial truck accidents.
- Premises liability accidents, including slip, trip and fall accidents, dog bites and dog attacks, apartment building accidents, fires, and exposure to asbestos, chemicals or mold.
- Medical malpractice incidents, including surgical errors, misdiagnosis, missed diagnosis, wrong side surgery, medication errors, medical negligence, birth injuries, and nursing home neglect and abuse incidents.
- On-the-job accidents, including NY workers’ compensation claims, workers’ compensation appeals, and workers’ rights.
- Defective products injuries, including defective auto parts, dangerous children’s toys, defective drugs, defective household items, and harmful infant products
- Wrongful death incidents, including traffic accident deaths, hospital deaths, worker accident deaths, slip, trip and fall deaths, defective product deaths, and other accident deaths.
- Nursing Home Accidents and Abuse including bedsores, unexplained bruising, falls, pressure ulcers and death.
If you Suffered a Personal Injury
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer immediately. There are time limits on your claims and an attorney can help make sure you do not lose your legal rights to receive compensation.
- Make sure you receive the right Compensation. The process of collecting that compensation, however, relies on a series of other rights.
- You have to hire a Personal Injury Lawyer of your choice. Have your lawyer deal with the other party’s Insurance Company.
Kew Gardens, N.Y. 11415
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11241